Monday 30 November 2015

The Anonymous Million Mask March is Back!

Bonfire night in Trafalgar Square meant Anonymous were out in force again this year.  There were many warnings by the Met for the protesters to behave.  They were permitted to organise in Trafalgar Square, proceed down Whitehall, protest in front of 10 Downing Street, and then carry on to Parliament Square, ending in front of the Treasury.  I have a great deal of sympathy for this group - particularly in their fight for economic and social justice as well as using social media to to disempower some IS members on the internet.  One thing I do object to somewhat is the drinking and smoking some followers of Anonymous do before the march.  It leads to some dangerous behaviour and whilst walking to Downing Street, I felt I had to march with the police rather than the demonstrators in order to keep my camera (and myself) safe!






















No comments:

Post a Comment