Recently the pinboard came down as it was usurped by a piece of furniture. This meant that all those bits and pieces - which I’d considered so vital - were filed. However I did find a place to display the one bit of wisdom regarding judgment that I considered more important that all the rest among the paper pile. It’s as much a reminder to myself as something I hope my children will learn from, no matter what worldview they eventually adopt.
- Prejudice is the product of a lazy mind.
- It’s contempt, prior to investigation.
- Your first impression of someone is incomplete and often inaccurate.
- Don’t assume your intuition is always right.
- Don’t make lasting decisions based on limited insights.
- Your success in life will be adversely affected by prejudice, fear and any form of discrimination you allow to colour your thinking.